Image Map

Monday, May 23, 2011

The no spend challenge

For the next 5 days, I can't spend a dime. I don't think I've ever done this before and I'm rather nervous yet excited for the challenge. So far I have avoided the bagel carts and the iced coffees no matter how good they smell.

To kick off this week, here's a very relevant article I found on one of my favorite money blogs. It's all about how to make saving money fun and it actually helped my mindset, especially because as of June 1st I really do have to give up cable. My favorite part was "Be grateful for what you have and stop obsessing about all the things that you can’t have or are giving up." Well said Tracy at Money Ning!

What's the longest you've gone without spending money? Anyone want to do the challenge with me?

2 comments:

  1. What's the longest you've gone without spending money?

    8 hours while I slept :P I don't thing I could last 1 day forget 5. Good luck to you though.................Kara XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a week and a half for me, depending on how long I can last on gas :P

    ReplyDelete