Image Map

Sunday, May 15, 2011

200th Post!

I just happened to catch that mildly exciting milestone :)

The original title of this post was going to be "The things I do to save" because I just got back from the grocery store. I needed to buy things to make a meal to take for my lunches this week. I asked my uncle if I could borrow their old van since my car is off in the garage of some other loving home. He laughed and said that I was welcome to but he was gardening yesterday and there is a bunch of manure in the back of it for fertilizer.  Yum. So I had 2 choices: A) Forgo the trip and buy my meals again this week or B) Suck it up and go anyway.

I blame my dad for my tolerance of bad smells so fortunately it was a pretty easy decision to suck it up and go. It wasn't even that bad, especially with the windows down.

I decided to make cheese manicotti and have a salad on hand for an alternative meal, especially on the nights I work both jobs. I also bought apples for my breakfast and coffee creamer. Overall, it was $21.31 to cover 13 meals and countless cups of coffee. That's less than $1.70/meal. Wow! I'm pretty happy with that.

Now I just have to get the energy to cook these meals when I still should work out and clean my room...
Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment