Image Map

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lessons learned and reason #2389472937 not to lose your wallet

Don't lose your wallet. Just don't. Even if no one takes your money, it's still expensive. I thought it was a relatively easy fix and I suppose it was, but I have definitely paid the price on my tiny budget.

I had to pay:
  • $10 to get a new security card at work
  • $3 to get a new gym pass
  • Had to take out cash until my cards arrived and I spend cash like gangbusters that don't know the definition of a budget. Luckily I saved all my coins and made a nice deposit to my piggy bank of savings.
  • And I got a call from my gym last night saying that my card was not going through and the bill was late. Well yup, I forgot to change that info when I got a new card so I had to pay an additional $20 to my monthly payment for the late fee. Crap. 
Luckily my wallet was returned to me before I sent a check to get a new driver's license. I know it could have been much much much worse but when you're on such a tight budget like mine, I really can't afford all the extra expenses.

What do you do to keep track of your wallet, purse etc? Is anyone as scatterbrained as me sometimes?!

1 comment:

  1. No!! Lol. No one loses their wallet like you do! I don't even know how you managed to do that, it seems like it takes talent to lose it that often. Lol. I have only lost mine once but that was pretty recent so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on you =) I just always have my wallet in my huge purse and it's kind of hard to accidentally leave something as big as MY purse behind =) The one time I lost my wallet is because I took just my wallet into the grocery store instead of my whole big purse. Maybe you need a chain that goes from your wallet to your purse like the hoodlums in high school hee hee =)

    ReplyDelete