Image Map

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day One Finished!

I barely made it but I didn't spend a dime today! Apparently this is what people on a diet feel like. Food deprived all day!

I had the usual apple and pb and coffee for breakfast. I tried my best to drink plenty of water, which tricks you into feeling full. A lot of the time when you think you're hungry, you're just dehydrated.

Lunch rolled around and I snacked on a few cookies and Munchies I found in my desk. Nutritious? Definitely not, but it got me through the day. I also used a Crystal Lite packet which has 5 whole calories! Man, I was just stuffed after drinking that bad boy!

I knew once I got to 3pm, I would make it. It was too late to get food at that point because I had to be at the gym and on the treadmill by 4 to watch Oprah's goodbye episode.

If you've ever met me, you know I freaking love Oprah. She has inspired me my whole life and she's the reason I went into journalism. She's the reason I love to dream and set goals to make these dreams come true. I hope one day to inspire others and help others, especially with education, like she does. Her last show is Wednesday. Today and tomorrow her staff planned shows as a tribute to her. There was no way I was missing this so I happily spent an hour on the treadmill while I watched since the gym is right around the corner from my work. 

My legs are pretty tired but I'm happy I did it. Not only did I eat fewer calories today, I burned much more than normal too. Oprah would be proud. Swim suit season here I come! There are apparently benefits to being broke!

After the gym I just had to make it home and I could finally fix my hunger. Fortunately while I was on the train, my cousin texted me that dinner would be when I got home. We got to go to the deli for yummy sandwiches. That was 2 hours ago and I'm still full and will definitely be until I go to sleep.

Tomorrow I will do better by bringing a can of soup from the cabinets here. This is definitely doable. I'm already thinking about times where I will have to do this again because I'm saving for a trip or a bigger purchase. Hopefully most of the week won't include Munchies.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know your into journalism. I just got my communications degree and Broadcast Journalism is what I want to do. I want to focus more on sports thought. Good luck with your choice :)
    Kara XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I love me some Oprah, too!

    ReplyDelete