Image Map

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So here's the deal

Jan. 1st, 2010 kicked off my self-made budget and so far, IT'S HARD!

Here's the breakdown:
My campus job will pay all my living expenses (if I do it right)-rent, utilities, food from the grocery store, and I get a $100 cash allowance each paycheck to cover any fast food, gas, entertainment, basic necessities etc. Then my weekend job will be split in two-half will be for savings and half will make a loan payment.

The hard part is gaining momentum-my current paychecks are from my holiday vacation so for the first couple weeks it will be hard to make rent and I'll have to dip into my weekend paycheck, which wont be that much either. I have all the money needed to pay spring tuition, which is due in a few weeks but that would deplete my savings to $11, and there's a $100 min. on that account so I'll have to wait to pay tuition until I can build up some savings. What is the point of an account minimum anyways? If anyone can explain that to me, please do!

I am back to work full-time at my school job (SFR) and I've picked up extra shifts at my weekend job (Express) until school begins again so once that money comes in things can be more on track. Until then, things are even tighter than what my budget is supposed to be and it's a terrible adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment