Image Map

Monday, March 1, 2010

A case of the Mondays

Is it Monday already? Sure enough. MG works early on Mondays so I come in to work far too early for my liking. To make matters worse, I would like to reference a favorite movie of mine: Dumb and Dumber. Loyd and Harry are driving in the car and trying to entertain their new hitch hiker friend and ask, "Hey, want to hear the most annoying sound ever?!" and without an answer they proceed with an obnoxious off-pitch wail that as Dane Cook would say, "makes you want to punch babies." Well there's been construction going on in this building for a while but now there's drilling effecting our department directly and it truly is the most annoying sound ever. I don't even think my head phones can drown this one out and it's so irregular that I can't even get used to it. Not a great early Monday start.

Anyways, I came to the realization last night that I am soon to be coming up on a paycheck that is anything but ideal. Of course it's deserved since I will be on a beach having a grand ol' time, but that still puts me in a big crunch later. So as of now, I'm trying to preserve all the money I can to make things easier during that time. I'm on day 3 of not spending a dime and let me tell you, it's not fun. I had a morning group meeting at the Purple Onion and I couldn't even buy a hot chocolate or coffee, which would have allowed me to get the internet access code.

It's definitely a challenge but I've always been a fan of challenges so let's see just how far this money can stretch me. I have $1 in my wallet in case of a real emergency (because you know that'll do a lot of good) but my goal is to have it in tact by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment