Image Map

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 3

Good morning!
It is Day 3 of my no-spending challenge and so far so good! It has become almost automatic for me to be prepared with meals or some sort of food to eat (popcorn for breakfast has happened), or to just wait until I get home to grab food rather than eating fast food. It's been pretty successful and it hasn't bothered me at all that I can't spend it. I think it helps that it's in two $20 bills so I can't just use a dollar for a vending machine or something like that. I'm sure I'll spend $5 tomorrow night to get into a party (plus maybe another $5 if we go anywhere else) since the BFF is visiting but that still leaves me with $30 for a week and a half. No prob.

I also realized that I don't need to take the 20% of my Express paycheck that normally is direct deposited into my savings to make my budget work. That means $25.31 is going into my savings! I decided that with that money, I'd make a loan payment to get rid of the interest: $13.31 and save the rest. That way when I have a bigger loan payment to make, it won't be consumed by interest and can actually make a dent in the loan itself. I feel like I'm getting back on track and it feels great!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love the thing about having the two 20's and how it makes it easier to not spend them cuz you don't want to break them. I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete