Image Map

Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy February!

The new month kicks off a little something I like to call no shopping month! Granted it is the shortest month of the year, I won't spend a dime on anything besides the necessities and some entertainment. That SHOULD leave some extra dough laying around for either Spring Break or savings. Beautiful.

Here's an exciting tidbit that boosts my checking account:
I put the Spring Break hotel on my Visa and then everyone wrote me checks. I had to pay the deposit which is more than my share before I could get the checks from everyone. Then I got the checks and forgot to reimburse myself on my extra share of the deposit. So now they charged me the remaining balance and it turns out I have $94 that I forgot about! How exciting.

I'm going to put that straight to my Express card so my $120 shopping spree is reduced to $26 and I won't have to dip into my next Express paycheck so much to cover the rest. I love when extra money pops up and makes everything all work out. This month is off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. I love when you say 'dip into' it cracks me up. I think I've already started saying it, too.

    ReplyDelete