Image Map

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

Yesterday was a success of sorts.

Ya know how I was complaining about how I'm bad at math so I kept screwing up my budget etc? Well MG took a look at my Excel spreadsheet, worked his magic and arranged it so it does the math for me and he formatted it so I can easily see the specific things I'm budgeting for (rent, utilities, food etc.) It's so spiffy and I'm very excited! This will save me a lot of busy work and time stressing over how my budget all the sudden doesn't add up! YES! THANKS MG!

ALSO! I made my first loan payment yesterday! Since I had my tax return money from state in my account, I figured I'd get a head start on those darn loans! It was only $109 but that pays for the interest that has accrued on that account so far ($43 since Jan!) plus starts working on the fees charged for taking it out (an extra $120!). Once I get my federal return, I'll make another, much bigger payment! yes!

I did go out to eat twice yesterday and I bought Amanda flowers for V-day so my allowance is already slightly low but I'll make it work I swear. I just have to be smart about it.

Lastly, here's some exciting news! As we speak, MG is at a 2nd interview for a full-time job starting in May! It's for First Investors and although it's commission based, any income is very exciting! It's located in Edina but their headquarters is in NJ about 30 min from where I'd nanny. I have no clue if he'd be able to transfer eventually or not but that'd be perfect :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to matt! That's very exciting! When will he know if he got it? I would love to hear! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I commented on this last night and it didn't work so I'll try again! It went well, he should hear very soon. It's all commission based so there's a few draw backs but at the same time it's a job so we'll take it I guess. He won't start until May so if something better comes around before then, he'd definitely take that.

    ReplyDelete