Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2011

No spend challenge rears it's head again

I'm officially broke. Throwing budgets out the window sometimes is a big no-no apparently. I caved and bought iced coffee today because let's face it, a Monday back in the office after being gone for almost a week and returning to an overflowing inbox and being the only assistant at the moment requires some serious coffee.

I get paid on Friday so I cannot spend a dime until then. Even when Friday rolls around, I will not have my typical cash flow because I'm in debt to myself. I will allow myself to buy milk because otherwise I won't really be eating anything in my cabinets. Wait, I can probably use the milk at work (free with the coffee) and bring cereal at least for this week. I'm going to try to pull this off without buying milk but if I can't do it, that will be my only exception. I will cook a meal for my lunches tonight, no matter how hot my kitchen might be.

I have a few things coming up that I will have to spend money on once I get paid but I have no choice but to do my best and limit it to only those things.

As of noon today (right now) I'm pulling out all the stops to not buy a thing unless absolutely necessary. Luckily for me, work is so busy from being gone that I don't have time to think about hunger or to go out and buy lunch. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment