Image Map

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend Update

This post was meant to happen yesterday but time got away from me. I had an absolutely fantastic weekend and couldn't have asked for more! My bank account is also a happy camper about the weekend! Friday I snuck away with two girlfriends and had the most carefree night I might have ever had. Great food, great music, great company! I tried biscuits and gravy and I learned how to shag (it's a dance you pervs!). Besides a few groceries for dinner and drinks, I spent nothing!

Saturday was another Gamecocks game and you guessed it, we won! They will be sad next week when we lose because I won't be there :( I really do have to work this weekend and it's finally an away game. We tailgated and I met some fun new people. Besides Subway for lunch and a slice of pizza at the game, I spent nothing! The nice guy I was sitting next to let me join him for free :) I'm a lucky duck huh?

Sunday I got up and went to church (this is the first time in my life I've gone to two services in a row and didn't crack jokes in my head or laugh til I cried...yup, I have done this on a regular basis and the reason I don't go to church very often...so apparently I'm getting something out of these services for once) and had to work all afternoon. I had a delicious dinner at a friend's house and enjoyed relaxing the rest of the night.

I babysit tonight for my favorite boys (2/3 of them at least) and my credit card bill is happy about that (so am I of course!). I've done a good job of not putting much on the card so if I can keep the payments coming and limit the spending, I'll be set.

I increased my availability at Express to include Wednesday nights because I need to cut back on being social and focus more on being financially stable. It's just so hard to justify missing out on a fun night with new friends for a whopping $28 (sometimes even less than that!). I know it all adds up  If you have any ideas of jobs that pay more that I could work evenings and weekends, please let me know. I think it's time for a change since Express isn't getting me very far.

I know this is off track from my finances but I saw this on one of the blogs I follow and I want to try it out:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.

Day Two: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.

Day Three: Eight things you couldn't live without.

Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.

Day Five: Six things you wish you could change or you wish you’d never done.

Day Six: Five people who mean a lot to you.

Day Seven: Four turn offs.

Day Eight: Three turn ons.

Day Nine: Two words that describe your life right now.

Day Ten: One confession.

Here are two blogs that are also doing this challenge if you want to read what other people have to write:
http://forthelove-mb.blogspot.com/2010/09/last-2-days-and-next-10.html
http://runninglawyer.blogspot.com/


Boss(es): Thank you for listening to my opinions and actually making me feel valid. I know I'm young and don't always have a ton of experience but I always feel like I can speak up with ideas and it really motivates me when these ideas are taken seriously.

Mom & Dad: Thanks for supporting me from half way across the country! I miss you both very much but I'm doing great down here and I love our phone calls and skype chats.

Jessie: Thanks for still being my friend even when you think I'm a moron. You always tell me the cold truth and I appreciate it.

DS: Stop tapping your shoes together to the WAY TOO LOUD music you have playing in our office. Even with my headphones on, it's hard to drown you out and I wish you'd stop. Thanks!

Most of the male population: Please give me a break from all your crazies. It's baffling and exhausting.

Amanda: I wish your phone worked or you used e-mail or facebook or ANY form of communication (snail mail, morse code, ANYTHING!) because I really miss my best friend and I hate that we can never figure out a good time to talk. Please get back into my life soon because I really want to be in yours!

Brett Favre: Retire (mid-season is totally fine with me), go back to Mississippi and stay there. You're not worth all the drama you put us through and the extra money we spent on you and you're really just a major disappointment.

cRf: Thanks for being my silver lining and my social life conductor! My life would be much less exciting in the South without you!

Managers at Express: I was up for a promotion at my store right before I transferred down to North Carolina. I think I've proven myself pretty well and deserve that promotion already. It would really help justify working there. Thanks.

If you count my parents as two people (which I do because they are very different!), then that's 10! A lot of thanks with a few annoyances, not bad. Get excited to learn a few new things about me tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of your low credit card bill too! Good job :)
    And fun idea with the lists for ten days... can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to do this too! =) First I need to do my homework though =)

    ReplyDelete