Image Map

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rest In Peace Brandon Willems

I decided not to work Thursday since my foot was still swollen and it needed to be more healed by my dr. apt. on Friday. I was able to finish my papers (probably not my best work but I tried) and MG took his third actuary exam.

Friday I woke up to a call saying I did officially get the job in Charlotte and I was so thankful for this news! With so much stress lately, it was nice to get some positive news. The doctor's apt. was also good news, since I'm now in a boot! It's not too stylish but my mobility is fantastic and will be much easier for the next month! Great timing too since right after a long lunch with my mom, we headed to WI again for another emergency surgery for MG's brother. Surgery did not go so well this time and we broke a few speeding laws to make it there in time to say our good byes. He held on for us to arrive and even his grandparents to arrive from Michigan four hours later. There was so much love and over 100 family and friends came. They were overflowing into the hall, the waiting room was packed and even unused rooms had visitors. It was heartbreaking but so peaceful and couldn't have been a nicer, more loving way to go.

I will be taking another week off work to be here in WI with the family. The visitation is Tuesday and funeral is Wednesday and I'm so glad to be here to help in any way I can.

I know this will be a big financial loss for me but frankly, oh well. I usually get pretty stressed about loss of income and not making ends meet but there are just more important things and eventually I'll get back on track and figure out how to get by somehow.

Please send all your prayers, wishes, love and help to the Willems family. They have had an overwhelming amount of support from family, friends and even strangers but you can never have too much. The bond and strength this family has continually amazes me and I'm so glad I can be part of it.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, my thoughts and prayers are with you and "MG's" family. I am so glad you were able to make it to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anything I can do from Utah, please let me know! My heart is with you two and Matt's family.

    ReplyDelete