Image Map

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are back from WI once again and all seems to be alright on the home front. Not that we don't like to see MG's family but we're hoping we can stay in Minneapolis for a little while with no more surprises!

I finished one of three final papers yesterday and man it felt good. I can't say it's the best quality but with a broken foot and the distracting circumstances, I did my best. I've started the second paper today and since I can't work, I'll do most of it tomorrow.

I also received some GREAT news today! When I studied abroad last summer, it was supposed to replace a journalism requirement from the U. I was recently notified that this class has not yet transferred to my major requirements and that I wasn't set to graduate. WHAT!? Graduation is in a week! So I sent in all my paper work and prayed that their review of the course would be a positive one and I could be all set to graduate! All weekend I was on pins and needles worried that they wouldn't approve this class and I'd be one class short of getting my diploma. Since clearly I'm broke, I couldn't afford any more tuition at the U and registration for summer and fall classes had already filled up so I really started to panic. LUCKILY I got an e-mail today saying it was approved so I have all the credits I need. Let's just hope I finish strong with these finals and pass all my classes!

I got another message that someone is interested in this room for the summer. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will for sure want it soon and I can take that off my hands! One thing at a time.

Lastly, my parents have been trying to find an insurance plan for me since mine is finished on May 16th. They found one from eHealth Insurance for roughly $218 a month with a $1000 deductible. Oofta. My graduation present from them is that they will pay for my insurance this summer. I do appreciate this but how boring is life when that's a great present? The only thing is, we can't sign up for a plan until I know where I'm living this summer. I should know by the end of the week according to this company so please cross your fingers for some definite news.

No comments:

Post a Comment