Image Map

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful Day 1

There are 24 days until Thanksgiving. Yes, I think ahead by only one holiday. I will not be listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving.

I always love realizing what I'm thankful for so I'm doing a countdown. I will post each day until Thanksgiving about something I'm thankful for.

Day #1 - I am thankful my sister gets to come home for Christmas.

She is in the Air Force and lives in New Mexico so I rarely get to see her. Her time off is limited and typically approval is unknown until shortly before she can leave. I thought that going home in July was really important because it would be the only time our family would be all together for a whole year since getting time off around Christmas time is very difficult for her. So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I received her flight information yesterday! We will have at least 3 or 4 days together and I really can't wait. 

Growing up we didn't get along the majority of the time. We are very different and as kids we just rubbed each other the wrong way. We've had our fair share of fights both verbally and even physically (although those were more like funny wrestling matches) but as we've grown up and moved away, we appreciate each other much more, even with our differences. Especially after MG lost his brother, I have learned the importance of siblings and I hold my sister near and dear to my heart. 

After an hour with Sarah I am bound to be crying from laughing so hard and after a few days with Sarah my abs hurt from all of the laughter. I'm looking forward to all the laughs we have this December. 

Yes, she is taller, skinnier and has better hair than me.

Our ladies trip to Paris.

Visiting her in Albuquerque last fall.

Just one look and we're laughing.
Love you sissy! I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post!! You two look so cute. Sometimes I get a little sad that I'm an only child. On the other hand this just caused my parents to spoil me rotten :D Thankfully I had a cousin growing up that was the same age as me and also and only child. She lived right down the street from we and went to the same school. She is the closest thing I have to a sister and I cherish her deeply. Kara XOXO

    ReplyDelete