Image Map

Friday, November 25, 2011

Fitness Friday - Thanksgiving & George Clooney, YUM!

Food:
I voluntarily bought green beans and ate a whole bunch of them this week. My list of vegetables I enjoy has certainly grown this past year but green beans have never been a huge favorite. One of the boys I babysit for gets green beans for dinner on the regular and for whatever reason they started looking mighty delicious. Cook them, add a hint of EVOO and a tinch of salt and boom, I will scarf them down!
My Thanksgiving meal was delicious! For real. But there is one thing that bugs me about Americans and Thanksgiving. Why do we need to eat SO much? Isn't enough that you have special foods on that day? What is it about that day that makes it normal to eat three or four servings? The average person eats 4500 calories on Thanksgiving. Excuse me?! There is no possible way I could do it. I had normal servings of delicious turkey and a variety of veggies and potatoes. I did go back for seconds but only of veggies because they were just so deliciously prepared. I was still full 6 hours later. Anyway, I don't get it but I hope you all had scrumptious meals!

Fitness
George Clooney was my personal trainer this week. I'll explain. I don't babysit on Tuesdays so I really have no excuse not to go to they gym. I had a late lunch and was still pretty full. I had a long to-do list waiting for me at home but with a text from MG saying "You'll thank yourself later", I dragged myself to the gym. The only available treadmill looked like this:
What more of an invitation do I need to work my booty off?! I worked a little harder than normal just for him. Ya know, just in case we meet some day. I hear he's a leg guy.

My shins are still bugging me but I've incorporated cross training with yoga and I'm trying shin stretches that I learned from one of my favorite running bloggers. I have a pretty cool bag of Fancy A Peas that I use to ice them and I'm hoping that all these efforts make them go away pretty quickly.

I've graduated to week 3 of the C25K program and my endurance still feels great. In 2 more weeks I'm supposed to be able to run 25 minutes straight! That simply blows my mind considering I started from zero!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and find some great deals on Black Friday! I'm off to get in a rare outdoor run before I start reading Harry Potter. Yup, I never finished reading the series way back when. Don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment