Image Map

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Start spreading the news

I'm leaving today! As of today, New York City is my new home. Wow, I never thought I would actually say that.

When I was a nanny in New Jersey, 4.5 years ago, my godmother gave me this snow globe. You can wind the knob on the bottom and it plays "New York, New York". I have kept that with me everywhere I go with the goal that one day, I will make it there.

It is hard for me to believe that when I'm finished with work today, I don't have to leave the city. I won't be living out of suitcases and duffel bags commuting from the suburbs or crashing on bestie's couch. I have two hours added to my day without the commute.

I paid rent and my checking account is nearly empty (don't worry, savings is still very much in tact) and I just discovered I like Cup O Noodles. It's not always going to be easy but I'm living out my first goal in life and that's worth it all.

2 comments: