Image Map

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Show me the money!

Well it turns out more money is coming my way...thank goodness! No one can ever complain about that, right? My loan fund is in good shape so far and I'm doing the best I can with my credit card bill so I'm excited to continue to add to my "savings/loans/credit payments" fund. Is it weird that I want the loan bill to come so the money isn't just sitting there mocking me? I have another month until I can make my first real payment so I guess I'll just have to wait.

I got a call yesterday from my old roommate about our security deposit...finally! Wahoo! Another $366 coming my way :)

Plus I got another babysitting gig for tonight. Short and sweet but hey, I'll take it. Lord knows I'll need the money. I'm also babysitting for the same family tomorrow night so that's also helpful. I promise I'll be social Sat & Sun.

Plus I just finished house/pet sitting for my boss so I'll be getting the check for that soon too.

Plus, my mom is reimbursing me for the flight I booked home for Christmas so that money should be on the way (straight to the credit card but it helps reduce the total...aka less interest for next month's bill!).

I start at the Herald on Monday so that will start another income for me as well.

I got an e-mail today about a babysitting job for Oct. 30th. The Sat. of Halloween. Do I want to be social and have a great time or do I want to be responsible and earn some extra money? I never like to turn down a babysitting job because I'm always afraid they'll never ask me back, but at the same time it's my first Halloween here and with all this extra work, a little fun is deserved. I'm kind of torn right now so give me your votes please!

It kind of sucks that all this extra money is going to boring things, but at the same time I'm proud that I'm being smart with it. I haven't done any crazy spending lately so this extra money is going exactly where it needs to go. One day I'll strike it rich and not worry about it but until then, I'm getting smarter.

I still haven't figured out what I'm telling my apartment complex about renewing my lease....I'm not a big fan of things being up in the air but I think I've been handling it pretty well so far...I have one more week to figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment