Image Map

Saturday, October 16, 2010

A little bit stronger

Life is hard sometimes. I've been having a bit of a quarter life crisis lately and man, college doesn't prepare anyone for that. Between work, relationships (all-not just love) and money, it's hard to find an area that is going really well. I am doing my best to do whatever I can to improve these areas but sometimes some of this stuff is out of my control. Sara Evans' song "A little bit stronger" is on repeat until further notice. I know it's a love song but I think it applies to a lot of issues going on with me right now.

Anyway, it's been half a week since payday and my financial life is still going well (as well as it can). I have been eating the food I have (or enjoying other people's cooking :) ) rather than going out to eat. It's not only a healthier option but my debit card has been enjoying a break too. Both my Express card and credit card are out of my wallet for good. They're also enjoying a nice long rest.

I get $100 allowance for every payday. Sometimes that's nearly gone by the first weekend but I'm happy to report that's definitely not the case for me. I made one trip to Caribou Coffee today because if you wear pink (and duh, that's half of my closet!) you get 1/2 off any drink. Since there's conveniently a location about a mile away from where I'm house sitting, I enjoyed the GORGEOUS weather and took a nice walk for a delicious carmel cooler. YUM!

I brought a bunch of my own food to where I'm house sitting so I don't need to buy more groceries and I avoid ordering pizza etc. and so far it's worked really well. I'm off to go babysit right now and their family just booked me for a few more dates already. I'm excited to report how well it will help my loan fund.

Oh and how could I forget, GO GAMECOCKS! Big game tonight! :)

1 comment: