Image Map

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Payday

Well it's one of my favorite days of the week when I can add money to my budget. Since I was out last week for a day visiting my sister, I was short a few hours so the paycheck is not as much as normal but clearly it still helps. It also helps that most of my funds are sitting pretty considering they got an extra boost from that extra paycheck in Sept.

After all my mandatory funds have been filled, the extra money goes into my loan fund, not credit card payments anymore (although don't worry, I still WILL pay more than the minimum each month no matter what!). My loan fund is now up to $115.82. That's enough for one full loan payment and a decent dent in another. I'm getting there!

I babysit tonight, house/pet sit for my boss for a whole week starting tomorrow and I just snagged a babysitting job for Saturday night and 100% of that money will go into my loan fund as well. I don't expect it to get up to the $506.38 I will need by my loans' due date (Dec. 3) but it will be a good start and I still have 1.5 months to get it there.

I'm still eagerly searching for more part-time work so I can guarantee I have the money I need for loan payments each month (plus a little extra for savings would be nice...). After repeated scheduling errors, I no longer work at Express. The hassle just wasn't worth such little pay and it wasn't going to work out. I plan on spending a lot of time this weekend figuring out my options and really digging into this job search. At least now I'm open for babysitting jobs on week nights and weekends-much more fun and pays much better. I just need to get more jobs lined up :)

P.S. I'm still doing well on making my own meals and packing food so I don't spend any money. Since today is payday, I'll be meal planning and grocery shopping tonight hopefully so I can keep it up! It feels good to behave financially!

No comments:

Post a Comment