Image Map

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Retail Therapy

Today I would really like to do some retail therapy. I would like to wander the streets of New York and hop into any store with a cute window display and try on clothes to my hearts content. If there are good deals, I would like to purchase whatever I please with my long lost friend "Mr. Credit Card". It's almost a 100% guarantee that I will feel better.

Today that is not an option. I stopped by the restaurant to get my paycheck last night. I had no intentions of going crazy with spending or anything but just wanted maybe an extra $20 for the weekend's activities. The paychecks hadn't arrived and there was no word as to when they might show up. Really? Super duper.

I was down to my last $20. I did end up meeting up with co-workers. I got 1 beer and when they all got ice cream sandwiches, I got a cookie. Still spent $11! I went home to make my own dinner instead of being tempted to join my co-worker for Chipotle. Brunch plans are canceled tomorrow as well.

So I have $9 until I get reimbursed from M for the apartment deposit and to get my paycheck from the restaurant. Not exactly possible for retail therapy. I don't think I could even find something at Good Will right now.

So I guess I'll just have to clean for now. It's probably a good way for me to learn how to handle frustrations without shopping, but it's a lot less fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment