Image Map

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One month from today

My first debt will be paid off!!! My Express card will be down to $0 and I can start the snowball effect.
What a relief.

Here's the plan:
  • My current balance is $263.11. 
  • Since I typically depend on 2 paychecks a month, it's a personal holiday when we get 3 and I come into some extra money. September just happens to be one of those months.
  • I'm going to set aside the usual amount for a payment, which for that card is $51.50. 
  • I'm also going to take the amount that I usually set aside for my Chase credit card and apply it to this card, which is another $40. 
  • Then I typically make a monthly payment of $102 to that card anyway, so that brings the balance down to $69.61. 
  • Since I do not need to set aside money for rent from this extra paycheck, there's an extra $500. I will take the $69.61 (it might be $10 more with interest charges by the end of the month but you get the point) and voila! It's paid off! A concrete balance of $0! 
Starting in October, I can take that $102 and add it to my CCC payment. I will continue to put all extra money towards that debt until THAT one is down to $0 and then the fun will really begin with those bad boy student loans. I don't care how lame I sound, I am FREAKING excited and proud of myself!

I have not received the gift that keeps on giving from my parents for August so there's an additional $75 payment to Chase already!

One thing I have been wondering though is what to do with the extra $420 I have from this bonus paycheck? Tomorrow $75 will be added to my savings account as my monthly transfer so I will finally no longer have only $.88 in there. I do want to beef up my savings but how much should I put in savings and how much should I put towards debt? I'm also starting to look at plane tickets home for Christmas, so that is part of my consideration as well.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment