Image Map

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Workouts on a budget

I have been saying that when I get a job I'll be able to join a gym. Clearly I was in fantasy land. After taxes and benefits get taken out of my check and after all the minimum necessities are accounted for, I won't have two dimes to rub together, let alone at least 500 dimes for a gym membership.

I have been doing Jillian Michaels workout DVDs and they are tough (and once you buy the $10 DVDs and weights, it's always free to use)!

The only thing I'm missing out on is running/walking. I love the idea of meeting new people and it's more motivating to be at a gym than to just walk outside (at least for me). There are not great running paths (or even sidewalks in parts) in my neighborhood so it's hard for me to feel comfortable going for a run outside. But it doesn't pay to buy a membership mostly for the treadmill. 

So in the name of saving money, I'm going to stick to Jillian and suck it up outside. When I move to NYC, there are sidewalks literally everywhere so I'll hopefully take better advantage of that. And if this apartment I am really interested in works out, I'll have access to their gym anyway.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I do – I have a bunch of workout "tapes" on instant Netflix!

    ReplyDelete