Image Map

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sit back and relax...

...this will be a long post. Grab a drink, maybe some chips and guac (my new favorite "meal") and let your mind drift into the fascinations of the last week of my life...ok maybe I exaggerated but it's been a crazy week.

Ok let's start from the beginning. One little thing I hadn't mentioned was the old "MG"-now ex but still friends, we'll now call him XMG- came to town to visit for the weekend. It was nice to see him but he will remain an ex for all who are dying to know if anything happened.

We went to the Renaisance Festival Saturday with the crew. It was a good time indeed. I even got interviewed by workers doing promotion for the festival. I was convinced it was those "let's capture dumb people saying dumb things on camera" type deals so I tried to sound smart but eventually when asked "What would you tell teenage boys sitting on the couch to get them to come out to the festival?", I said "Well I keep seeing women in corsets with their boobs up to their chins so if that doesn't do it, I don't know what will."...yup. That will come back to haunt me I'm sure. Nonetheless, I ate a delicious turkey leg, had a few good laughs and enjoyed wearing a TANK TOP IN NOVEMBER!! I got a picture text from my mom that morning that there was serious snow in Minnesota so I responded with a picture text of me in a tank top and skirt. Lovely.

XMG took me out to a very nice dinner Saturday night. Completely undeserved but it was delicious! Afterward we met up with some friends to celebrate the Gamecocks win and had a great time. Sunday I treated XMG to Dunkin Donuts and he treated to lunch while we watched the Vikings game before he left for the airport.

Since then, this week has been insane. Working both jobs and babysitting and getting assigned my first article at The Herald and yadah yada yada. By yesterday I was exhausted and my body sure let me know. I woke up with a migraine and was on the couch all day. No fun. I finally got up to babysit and I got severely spoiled. The baby went to sleep right away and she overpaid me big time! I'm babysitting again tonight and although it's a Friday, I'm happy and thankful for the money.  Afterward I'm headed to Raleigh to visit KP! Always a fun time with her so I can't wait for a little get away! There's been talk of parades and museums and boat shows and a winery so we can't go wrong.

Financially I'm staying afloat still. I got my Chase loan bill today and paid it off. I got my security deposit from my last house so it has put my loan fund well over the necessary amount for my Jan. loans. I paid off my utility bill and even had $145 left over for a credit card payment. Yay! I even have $80 from my allowance in check for this weekend and plenty of food money to get me through Wednesday. Not too shabby. It sucks to work as much as I do but the feeling of being able to pay my bills and spend it responsibly is good.

I was in a panic earlier this week because Sallie Mae sent me a cute little letter telling me there was a change to one of my student loans. The notification tried to tell me there was a repayment fee of $432. Excuse me? Why would you charge me a fee to be able to start paying you back?! Are you total morons? Not having an extra $432 lying around because all my extra money is ALREADY GOING TO SALLIE MAE, I called them to at least figure out when I needed to scrounge up this money by and just to make sure this wasn't all a big joke. Well, after a surprisingly easy and comprehensive conversation with one of their representatives, apparently it was just an error. Their "repayment fee notification" was merely a letter telling that was my original monthly payment amount but now it's not. The $337 that I had been paying is the correct payment and there are no further fees or payments required. THANK GOD! How easy was that? Too good to be true? Maybe. I'm still not convinced because they always have schemes up their sleeves to give me a heart attack but I'll try to accept that this time I actually got a break. But why would they make me panic like that? I think the stress of working three jobs is panic enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment