Image Map

Friday, November 12, 2010

Between 32 and 12...

I recently read a blog post from this great new blogger I stumbled upon. She makes a comment about being as far from age 32 as she is from age 12 and since I'm coincidentally in the same boat, it was a huge smack of reality for me. Lately I have been beyond overwhelmed with the stresses of being a "grown up" and trying to have finances, among other things, all in order most of the time. I have a hard time admitting that it's ok to not have it all figured out but Stephanie's point made me realize that I've learned A LOT between now and when I was 12 and I have just as much time to experience life and learn until I even reach 32.

I know I have a lot to learn but I don't have to have it all figured out right now. Whew! I know it won't stop me from trying but it might take a little bit of the stress off for a little bit. Maybe I won't feel like a hot mess all the time anymore.

As far as an update on money, it's still there. Once again I haven't done a great job at preparing my meals/bringing my food/eating at home or even updating my budget but it is what it is after another stressful week. This weekend's plans include the Renaissance Festival among other things but I'm hoping more to observe than spend money and participate. I have to take advantage of 70 degree weather in November so it will be enjoyable regardless! I'll give a more detailed update next week but I'm too exhausted right now.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am as close to 33 as I am to 12. That is one of the smartest/best things i've ever heard Katie!! I can't even IMAGINE how much I have gone through and learned since age 12 and it makes me happy how much I have to experience yet to come, before hitting 33. Wow, it seems like a whole lifetime ago, doesn't it!?!?! Love this blog post!! =)

    ReplyDelete