Image Map

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Weekend!

I feel like my weekend started last night...but it didn't :( My old roommate from MN, I'll call her KP, just moved to Raleigh so she made the trek to come visit for the weekend. She came last night so we could go to the Knight's baseball game but that never happened. When girls get to eating and talking, baseball just doesn't seem as important, right? We decided we'd save our $7 tickets and $1 beers for another time.

I did have to get up for work today but I'm done at noon. We have some serious plans to lay by the pool and relax all afternoon and I couldn't be more excited! I have no idea what the rest of the weekend has in store but if it's anything like when I visited her in Raleigh a month ago, we're bound to have some good stories.

Unfortunately I didn't set aside any money for fun things this weekend. It is payday from Express and I do have two babysitting checks to cash so I'll be alright but I really need to buckle down and get more strict with my social life. It's hard to balance the desire to go out, meet people and make new friends but also having to save my pennies. Hopefully I can figure that out soon but I can't imagine what the solution would be-besides cut back on being social :( No one wants to do that when they're the new girl so maybe I can get creative.

Pictures coming soon of my living room, which now includes a bookshelf and a coffee table! It looks a little more grown up in there and much more "homey". They were both inexpensive and I plan to spice them both up a little by painting some of my favorite quotes on them- yup, when I'm on my own I whip out the arts and crafts. I'm not claiming to be Martha Stewart or anything but I have pretty high hopes of how awesome my furniture is going to look. Also, my boss gave me an old dresser when I moved into my apartment. My plan for the near future is to sand it, give it fresh paint and get new knobs. I may also get some new lamp shades for some REAL old lamps my boss gave me. Really inexpensive ways to spice up your home and inexpensive projects to keep me busy :)

1 comment: