Image Map

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Thursday!

Good morning! Finally a morning where things are going right. Earlier in the week I woke up one day to my plants dead, mold in my coffee pot and I almost got hit by a truck. The next day I woke up to a song on the radio about Brett Favre (which I detest!) but TODAY I woke up on the right side of the bed, had a fabulous Jack in the Box breakfast (who knew their pita sandwich with ham, egg and bacon would be so delicious) and a great meeting at work. That's a sign that this week end on a much better note.

Anyway, Wednesday was payday. It turns out that on a bi-weekly schedule, I have roughly $791 in expenses without any savings or loan payments (UGH! Don't remind me!). My paycheck was not that much this week since I left early Friday to go to Raleigh and left early a few days to go to Express. Anyways, this means my allowance is not as much as it should be. Let's see how far I can stretch it! I have $78 for the next two weeks and honestly I don't have much planned besides working so maybe that will be an easy accomplishment. Maybe. I just need to do better about making meals for my lunches and dinners - I was a big slacker this week since I was gone all weekend and worked both jobs Mon-Wed- but I should have more time this weekend to be more prepared. Plus my food fund has been filled so I can easily go shopping and make a few meals. I'm kind of excited :)

On another note, we get our extra discount at Express this weekend. I have a $45 free coupon as a reward from my Express card so I'm thinking I won't have to pay much if any of my own money to get a few things. Here are the things I want:
Shorts
Cute top
Earings-I can't find them on the website but they're cute and practical I swear.

With the discount it would total $51. Since I have the $45 card, those three items would cost me $6. Ummm...awesome! I love when I can shop and still be smart. I'll keep you posted on how the purchase really goes.

Tonight I'm going to a Knights game. It's the minor league baseball team around here and I'm pretty excited. Tickets are only $7 and it's Thirsty Thursday so all beverages are $1! Sounds like a pretty stellar time.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment: