Image Map

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dating Discoveries

In recent years, my sister has taught me that dating is a great way to save money because "the guys pay for everything". When you're in a relationship, that quickly fades so I never really took advantage of the perks of casual dating. Now that I'm single however, my sister is right (that may be the first time I've ever given her credit for being right!)

I've gotten some delicious free dinners, gone to a free concert and gotten a handful of free drinks. Not too shabby. It's definitely never my intention for them to pay (I do usually offer) and that's definitely not the reason I go out, it's just a nice perk that I've never discovered before.

On the other hand, being single means I go out more with friends. As a result I've spent more money than normal on dinners, drinks etc. I haven't updated my budget in a little while and honestly, I'm afraid to. I know it can't be THAT bad since I just got paid on Wednesday, but I'm sure it's not going to be impressive.

This weekend has no major plans in the works besides babysitting Saturday and working Sunday so maybe I'll force myself to sit down and balance the budget. Maybe. I know I should and I'm sure I will, just not exactly excited for it. Not to mention my stupid credit card bill that will have more than $3.84 in interest next month added to it. Crap.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That's totally true! You spend way more money when you're in a relationship.

    ReplyDelete