Image Map

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Apartment Hunt is checked off the list!

Wahoo! I will soon be an official resident of Rock Hill, SC!

After some major online research I finally found a great apartment that seemed really nice and still affordable. I had to make sure it wasn't too good to be true so I checked it out today. Man, it's the best! For that quality, it would be WAY out of my price range in Minneapolis or Charlotte but in Rock Hill, it's even better than my budget had hoped for! Yes! After checking it out and being genuinely impressed with both the management and the site, I made sure to look around at a few other places just to make sure that this was THE one. Sure enough, it blew the others out of the water and yet still was cheaper!

Although I have no idea how long I'll be living down here (hopefully a very long time since I just love it!) I have to get a 6 month lease. It would be ideal to have a 3 month lease since I'm here until August for sure but most places don't offer 3 month leases and those that do double the rent so it's really not affordable or worth it for me.

So with a 6 month lease, a really nice pool, work out area and overall community, I'll be paying $565/month. The nice thing is the deposit/application fee is only $125 total for this special they have going on! Since moving down here kind of wiped out my bank accounts, I'm so glad I'll be able to afford that and the first months rent still. Then I'll be getting my last paycheck from my student job and the following week I'll get my first paycheck down here. Things are going to work out just fine.

In a later post I'll be sure to update you with my new budget but I'll tell you one thing, student loans are going to get a good swift kick in the butt REAL soon and I am SO excited! For now I'm off to enjoy a good book :) Have a great evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment