Image Map

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sperry

If you know me, you know I love love love shoes. I really enjoy buying them no matter how uncomfortable, regardless of the fact that I live on comfort only and refuse to wear shoes that hurt too much. Maybe one day I'll learn.

Anyway, when I lived in South Carolina, people kept referring to things called "Sperry's". Huh? What are those? Apparently they're shoes. I thought huh, maybe it's another southern thing and I just kept calling them loafers and who wants to run around in old man shoes? But now I'm seeing them pop up more and more in states all over the US (I not only live somewhere else now, I read other people's blogs and live vicariously through them!) and they're actually comfortable.

Now, the only pairs of closed-toe shoes I have are heels or my tennis shoes or my winter boots. With all the walking I'm doing to and from the train and all around NYC, it'd be nice to have a pair of casual, comfortable shoes that aren't flip flops (don't get me wrong, I loooove me some flip flops but I don't want to have filthy feet everyday and man, NYC will give you just that! but if I really wanted a pair...Sperry's has them on clearance!) especially when it's still pretty chilly out.

 Anyway, since this is a great outlet for me to post my wants instead of act on them, here I go:
It would go with nearly anything and won't show the dirt!








Although imagine them in "Tan Suede" 


I have a pair like the ones directly above but in the tan color from Target for $10. I've worn out a pair already and am about to wear out my current pair because let's face it, they're $10 and I tried to wear them everywhere. I get rocks in my shoes from the holes and it's a pain in the bum. But I did wear them everywhere and wish I still had them to wear this season.

I feel so much better when I write about it instead of act on it.

2 comments:

  1. I bought these in Black & Brown because I do a lot of walking and they are VERY comfortable.

    (http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Womens-Wedge-Shoes-Black/dp/B00430TIM4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1302061668&sr=1-2&searchContext=B004RXVJTC,B00430TIM4,B0043IDOL2,B00377GYBC,B003URPAJ6,B003FSPVTY,B001JIUR2I,B002FZBLGU,B004FXWGOG) Sorry for the long link :S

    I have to walk all over campus and parts of Boston and they never bother my feet.
    Anyway I just wanted to share my comfortable and very stylish shoes with you :) Kara XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend who went to school in NC is obsessed with Sperry's. Is it a carolina thing?

    ReplyDelete