Image Map

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb Day 2

Day 2 prompt:
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

Well, tricky question. I like to think that my blog is to display my writing skills but it probably isn't. I do put effort into word selection and I try to be entertaining (even if I'm the only one that goes back to read posts, I don't want to be bored!) but mostly it's a mind dump and writing with entirely another purpose than practicing skill. I started this blog to help me reflect on my money habits and to capture my progress at getting my financial life back on track and it just so happened that writing is my best outlet. That being said, things that contribute to my "writing" are mostly money related reasons.

If I am spending more than I should, I tend to avoid writing for a while because I know it reflects poorly in my financial decisions. So my answer would have to be spending outside of my means does not help my writing, but I don't do this every day. Can I eliminate it? Maybe not entirely, but mostly. That way my writing can reflect positive steps I'm taking or how I overcome obstacles, rather than hiding from writing in shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment