Image Map

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Keep calm and carry on

I typically sleep with the fan from my AC on to block out the noise that is New York. It really is the city that never sleeps. Last night, however, the fan was not cutting it. At 3am a car alarm started to go off and it didn't STFU until 4:30! Not cool. Now, part of me was concerned that someone actually did break into a car but the other part was just annoyed that someone obliviously pressed the button on their keys on accident.

I'd show you a clip but apparently one doesn't exist so imagine in your head the How I Met Your Mother episode where Lilly and Robin wait in line over night at the wedding dress shop for a huge sale and a car alarm is going off all night and they are miserable, which ultimately leads to Marshall not running the marathon and Ted's in jail. If you haven't seen it, you should.

Then I got a phone call at 6:30 from a friend to "catch up". This is somewhat normal since we used to chat in the mornings while we both commuted. I think she may have forgotten that I no longer commute and enjoy every last minute of sleep I can get...especially when car alarms were going off earlier.

I was late to work since both subways I take were fairly full and no one could shuffle around to make room for a few more people.

My cold was gone and now it seems to have returned, or maybe it's just a sore throat. Regardless, frustrating.

That's all my complaining for the day...so far. Complaining typically starts when I'm tired so I may or may not cave and go to Starbucks today. It might be worth it for everyone that comes across my path today.

No comments:

Post a Comment