Image Map

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sick Day

I used to get sick all the time. All.The.Time. Between colds and asthma attacks and headaches and the flu, it was terrible. When I started my job, my uncle suggested I start taking a multivitamin to prevent taking sick days. He was right. 

Multivitamins are worth the money. Go buy some. I take these:
and they have done wonders for my immune system. However, there is caffeine in them to the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee so I have to time it correctly or I will feel sick. I can't do it right away in the morning because I already have coffee and I've made that mistake and though I might be sick at work. Then I thought about taking them before I leave work but if you take them on a fairly empty stomach you might also feel sick. And the pills are rather large so sometimes I don't swallow it correctly and it gets stuck. So I got lazy and haven't taken one for a while.

Surprise, surprise, now I'm sick. What I thought was allergies turned into a full blown cold/flu. I am miserable. Fortunately since this is my first time being sick at this job, they're understanding and it's ok that I'm out. Unfortunately, my boss has not had a sick day since the 1970's and I will not be sharing that badge of honor anytime soon.

My bosses got me a Jamba Juice gift card for my birthday and I have been saving it for when I would need my favorite drink "the cold buster". It's a lot of orange juicy goodness with lots of immunity boosts etc. If I can drag myself out of bed, I'll get that and some soup and rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment