Image Map

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Good Influences


I used to have a co-worker that introduced me to the addiction that was Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee. We would go a few times a week. And sometimes we'd even go out to lunch together. I knew I shouldn't spend the money but I also was eager to make friends and fit in at the office. But then she got a new job and I continued to go. I looked forward to hiring someone else so I would have a DD and lunch buddy once again.

She started Monday and she doesn't want to go. She brings her lunches and uses the company coffee every day. Good for her. And good for me. I would have gone to get coffee every day this week, especially with late nights at the restaurant but nope, apparently peer pressure has an impact (I avoid saying "effect" because I admittedly don't know the difference between affect and effect and I don't like sounding stupid. Anyone want to tell me what the right word is here?) on me.

Maybe she is like this just until she gets her first paycheck but I'm kind of hoping she stays that way so I am influenced to make smarter decisions too.

1 comment:

  1. The majority of the time you use "affect" as a verb and "effect" as a noun.

    ReplyDelete